What are the benefits of Bhramari Pranayama?
Here, in this article, I will talk about the benefits of Bhramari Pranayama and how to do Bhramari Pranayam asana. Also, while doing this pranayama, what precautions should be taken will also talk about it.
Bhramari Pranayama yoga asana calms the mind by reducing anger. Bhramari Pranayam is the best pranayam for those who get angry at any time or anywhere. With the help of this pranayama, anger can be controlled to a great extent. The practice of Bhramari Pranayama provides positive energy by removing the frustration and aggressiveness of the mind.
The practice of this pranayama is quite comfortable and simple and the benefits of Bhramari pranayama are also very good. This pranayama can be done at any time of the day or at any place in the house, office, garden, etc. Bhramari pranayama is best for removing the unnecessary thoughts (worries) of waste running in the mind.
The name ‘Bhramari’ is derived from the word ‘Bhramar’ because ‘Bhramari’ means black bee (Humming bee breathing). While practicing bhramari pranayama, the voice that comes when the humming bee blows is to be made. Therefore it is called Bhramari Pranayama. It is also named as Bee-Breathing Technique.
How to do Bhramari Pranayama Yoga Asana?
The method of performing Bhramari Pranayama yoga is given below: Read carefully:
- First of all, choose a quiet and clean place and place asanas or mats.
- Now calm down the mind and sit in a state of Padmasana. Feel the surrounding environment with more waves.
- Now spread your hands like a feather. And close your eyes.
- During the practice of Bhramari Pranayama it is necessary to keep the waist and neck straight.
- Now close both ears with the help of both the thumbs of your hands.
- Now place the index finger of your hand slightly above the eyebrows. Keep the remaining three fingers on the eye.
- With the help of three fingers placed on the eye, apply light pressure on the nose.
- Now close your mouth and breathe for 5 seconds at normal speed with the help of both your nostrils.
- After inhaling, exhale the breath for 15 to 20 seconds, emanating from both nostrils like a humming bee.
Bhramari Pranayama Time Duration
- While practicing Bhramari Pranayama, breathing should be done for 5 seconds.
- And the time for exhaling with a humble bee sound should be 3 to 4 times, it should be from 15 to 20 seconds.
- In the beginning, Bhramari Pranayama can be done five times. Once this practice of pranayama increases, you can do it up to twenty-one times.
Benefits of Bhramari Pranayama
If you see, the benefits of Bhramari Pranayama are so many but I have told you some of the important benefits below:
- The practice of Bhramari Pranayama eliminates anxiety.
- By doing Bhramari Pranayama, a sinus-like problem can be overcome.
- This pranayama calms the mind by removing mental tension or stress level.
- Bhramari Pranayama practice is very beneficial for a pregnant woman. But before practicing this pranayama, please consult your doctor.
- Bhramari Pranayama reduces hypertension.
- By doing Bhramari Pranayama, the patient of migraine gets the benefit.
- Regular practice of this pranayama increases intelligence and increases confidence.
- Thinking becomes positive with Bhramari Pranayama.
- This pranayama is very beneficial for removing sleepiness (insomnia) and fear.
- Makes the voice melodious.
- If these people with thyroid problems do this pranayama in the state of Jalandhar Bandha, then they get an immediate benefit. Being a new learner, having trouble while practicing yoga, you can go through yoga teacher training in Rishikesh.
Caution while doing Bhramari Pranayama:
- Do not overdo this pranayama in the early phase.
- Do not put too much emphasis on your eyes, ears, and nose while practicing Bhramari Pranayama.
- Always practice Bhramari Pranayama in the morning.
- Do not practice Bhramari Pranayama with food, you should do it on an empty stomach. If you do pranayama by taking food, keep a gap of 3 hours.
- A person with earache should not do Bhramari Pranayama.
- In the practice of Bhramari Pranayama, do not put the fingers inside the ear but cover it with the leaf of the ear.
- Do not do this pranayama without a doctor’s advice if there is a problem related to breathing.
- After increasing the practice of Bhramari Pranayama, practice for a longer time.
- While practicing Bhramari Pranayama, if you start having problems like cough, vertigo, headache, seek medical advice immediately.
I hope that you will like this information and want to get more benefits then do it according to the method given above. To learn in-depth more yoga asanas, you can also join 200 hour yoga teacher training in Rishikesh.