There are several health conditions that might take place like incontinence and prostate cancer, which will require visiting the best urology hospital in india. According to medical experts, urology tends to cover different types of conditions. The professionals are known to provide treatment for variety of diseases associated with the urinary tract as well as male reproductive system.
Few common conditions requiring people to visit the urologist for medical assistance
- Male sexual dysfunction: Male sexual dysfunction treatment is covered under urology, which is said to manifest commonly as impotence known well as erectile dysfunction. For several reasons, impotence is said to occur, including damage to muscles or nerves in reproductive organs or side effect caused by some chronic disease. Different types of treatments are provided including the ones which help the man to enjoy natural erection. Also are available devices for attaining artificial erection. At times, the urologist is used for helping couples to cope up with male infertility and to ensure successful pregnancy.
- Cancer: The other type of treatment covered by urology is taking care of cancers occurring in male reproductive system termed as prostate cancer and urologic cancers. Urologists treat cancer that develops in the prostate, testicles, kidney and the bladder region. One common non-skin cancer that affects a good number of males across the globe is prostate cancer, where one among every ten men does face this condition sometime or later. The 9th common cancer type faced by women is bladder cancer.
- Pediatric care: Birth defects that affect male reproductive organs or the urinary tract are often dealt with by pediatric urology. Some of the common birth defects do include distention of kidney, abnormal location of urethral organ, undescended testicles and ureteropelvic junction. At times, pediatric patients do require the assistance of an urologist if experiencing chronic, painful infections in the urinary tract. The urologists also provide assistance to treat chronic bedwetting problems. The pediatrician generally refers an urologist for children.
- Incontinence: This is termed to be the inability on the part of the person to hold on to urine within the bladder. Women in huge numbers do face this issue especially during pregnancy and childbirth, since the pelvic floor muscles get stretched and damaged in the process. This may also occur due to ageing process. There are different types of treatments provided by the urologists, which include medications for controlling bladder spasms, surgical remedies to reconstruct support surrounding the bladder and physical therapy for enhancing pelvic floor muscle tone. The objective here is to avail urology for restoring the patient’s dignity by improving life quality.
Is there a need for urology doctor?
The urology doctor is termed to be one who diagnoses and provide treatment to people suffering from diseases affecting the reproductive and urinary organs. A good urologist will definitely need to be hired if the person has been diagnosed with urological cancer or urine infection. The doctor should be someone who is a specialist in the domain and attached with the best urology hospital in india. The doctor should be in a position to diagnose the ailment and to offer the most appropriate treatment.
When seeking the services of the urology doctor, one important criterion to look for is experience. The doctor needs to have undergone special course to treat cancer.
Tips to select the best urologist
- The family doctor should provide proper recommendations if the need arises.
- Family, friends and colleagues can also provide recommendations.
- Browsing through the web and social media is also a wonderful way to come across good number of urologists in the region. There are several reputed physicians who do advertise their services through the internet.
- It will be wise to get a list of urology doctors and meet them in person and check out their office or hospital to find how good it is and comfortable with. Getting few opinions will help to take a wise decision to select one.
- The doctor should be good enough to answer to all questions posed by the patient to put their doubts at rest.
Therefore, getting to know the issue and consulting the best urologist will help the person to do away with the ailment faced.