The competition from rideshare and taxi booking app solutions is intense and cut-throat; especially when apps like Uber, Lyft, and Ola have created serious challenges for the transportation business, especially taxis. It is undoubtedly among the best and brightest of app ideas.
Now, booking a taxicab is easy and is just a tap away. People can easily book a taxi through a taxi booking app which hence simplifies the taxi booking process and gives them a greater experience than the traditional process of booking a taxi.
This is the reason why taxi booking businesses are now facing a crunch time. Why? Because their customer base is now shifting towards app-based taxi services which aim to provide a much better experience in booking cabs.
As a matter of fact, they have done so too. They have improved customer experience by a monumental margin.
Traditional methods of booking taxis are now facing a lot of challenges in terms of inefficient phone call bookings while the competitors are capitalizing on the opportunity by giving customers an improved experience via real-time mobile booking channels.
As far as the statistics are concerned, a report suggests that the traditional taxi business loses more than USD$ 20 million almost daily because of passengers being unable to find a cab properly. The term ‘call a taxi’ has evolved into ‘get a taxi by the app’ and ‘app taxi’ in this century.
This technology has transformed the complete user experience. Now, most businesses have understood the importance of bringing their businesses online to boost revenues beyond the optimal margin.
Here in this article, it is now time that we explain the importance and significance of having an online presence in both the taxi booking and transportation businesses. No one has an idea about how crucial it is when it comes to launching a mobile application for a taxi business. Let us now read further.
Importance of having a taxi app for the business
In the current scenario, the interaction between passengers and drivers has turned virtual and everybody is seeking fast mobility services. Thus, the most crucial decision to start a taxi business is investing resources in a taxi booking app to establish a smooth and well-working booking channel on the mobile platform.
Businesses should in fact always welcome new technology because stagnancy leads to extinction. In today’s era, no firm should forgo such an opportunity else they will incur a huge opportunity cost through the lack of an online presence for their business/brand via an app.
Even if people are running a small-scale business, of like 15 taxi cabs; they can still take their business to another level with an app’s help and boost revenues.
Advantages of having a Taxi App
When it comes to automating services, especially through a mobile app for a taxi business; then businesses can streamline the booking process and remove the dispatcher from the service workflow. Hence, all parties are completely satisfied and would benefit from the following factors, as determined by professionals of app development Canada:
- Passengers would be among the happiest as the taxi booking process is simple and made much easier too. No need to waste time on dispatch calls or standing longer on the streets trying to catch a taxi.
- Business owners also get the benefit. They get their source of profit as more people install the app thanks to the convenience factor. In fact, they have helped people book taxis in the best possible manner without hindrance.
- Drivers also get the benefit because they are the ones answering the call quicker. Since the app will have logistics and service processes involving everyone, the order for the taxi booking is hence fulfilled in a few seconds. Thus, the process is simplified.
What are the other benefits coming from app services for booking taxis?
Technologies like Google Maps can provide taxi booking app the following benefits:
- Passengers can be informed about the location of the taxi while they are waiting and when the passengers are on the journey.
- Both parties (the drivers and passengers) can easily find the addresses they need without any problem which can thus lead them to their intended destination with ease.
- Passengers can travel to their intended destinations safely. Any attempted attack or robbery on them/the driver or both can be reported and notified to the monitoring department who can send nearby police for assistance.