Are you looking for some ways to migrate your existing application to React Native? Or you want to add React Native to your current native project? To help you out with this, I have created an in-detailed guide discussing some powerful reasons why you should migrate your project to React Native and what business benefit it brings along that saves your development time and cost.
This blog will help you to understand how implementing React Native development services can lead to better and economic product development in a faster way.
Evolution of React Native
With multiple programming languages and platforms available in the market, app coding has become a bit complicated. Software developers need to hold expertise in various frameworks and languages to get more outreach. Developers are finding it hard to get a hold of multiple languages simultaneously since it invests a good amount of time and adequate practice which they lack.
So, what’s the way out?
The answer is simple – React Native. It helps developers to resolve the coding complexity by sharing the same code to give a native-like experience.
This open-source platform was developed to give a one-stop solution by leveraging the cross-platform app to deploy on major platforms like Android and iOS. Since its introduction, it has gained immense popularity due to its extravagant features and is acclaimed as the best platform for native app development.
Considering today’s competitive market, if you’re looking to build a robust solution on both the OS within a set budget, React Native is the best platform to build your app.
Why migrate off to React Native?
React Native offers abundant benefits along with an intuitive interface and native-like experience. Below are some of the circumstances in which migrating to React Native will be beneficial.
- If you already own an android application and planning to build an iOS version of the same, it would cost you extra pounds, time, and resources to get it developed. In such a scenario, migrating your project to React Native not only lets you reuse your code but also saves you huge time, cost, and resources.
- If you want to implement your iOS functionality in the android version of your app, then React Native lets you integrate it with Native swift. If the code is written is accurate and follows the coding standard, it will surely work well for another platform.
- As designers, front-end developers, and prototypes are quite familiar with this framework, it is highly convenient to build an app and make changes by themselves.
Does this cross-platform app development help in cost reduction?
Yes! It helps in reducing development costs by 50%.
- Since Native iOS and Android views can be combines with React Views, it is highly interoperable.
- React Native development requires a dedicated team. But due to its easy nature and code reusability, the same team works for both Android and iOS platforms which again reduces team cost.
- Since there’s no need to build apps individually for both platforms, it reduces the cost considerably.
These Leading Companies Have Migrated from Native to React Native, Have you?
- Bloomberg is a finance company that leverages tools for equity trading and analytics for enterprise apps. It has a website too that delivers the latest news and reports on markets and business trends to the public.
- The Bloomberg app has the same objective and so implemented React Native. Its automated code refreshes help users read the latest updates once they open the app.
- It’s a cherished use case of VOIP where friends and community make use of voice, text, or video to communicate over the internet.
- Implementing React Native helped developers to share almost 98% of the same code between Android and iOS, thus reducing the cost to a great extent.
- It’s the most popular social networking site owned by Facebook in 2012. Instagram’s primary mode of operation is digital photography and short videos.
- In 2016 Instagram was quite serious about integrating its existing app to React Native. It was indeed challenging but now they’re able to push features and updates faster and can maintain both versions with ease.
- Well, there’s no need for an introduction to Skype. The popular VOIP platform wants to leverage the same user experience they had in desktop to mobile.
- The company implemented React Native in 2017 where users noticed favorable upgrades right from icons to complete redesign layout. The framework was highly consistent between Android and iOS.
Conclusion: Is Migrating to React Native the right choice?
Yes, one can migrate their existing app to react native or can integrate React native to their existing project. But it’s quite essential to identify how much importance does it holds and it is worthy or not.
Let’s clear this ambiguity with the below points:
Is it worth migrating?
The companies who have migrated have witnessed increased productivity and quick turn-around time to the market. So, if your end goals are clear, migration can prove to be a great idea in long run.
What time is suitable for migration?
Though a fully-functional app can prove to be hard to migrate to React Native, however, you can still migrate the app at any stage of app development.
How much app functionality one should migrate?
One must keep in mind that more migration will lead to more codes. So it’s essential to understand which part needs to be migrated and what is the complexity level. An experienced React native development company can guide you better to avoid unnecessary costs and efforts.
Is migration different on iOS and Android?
As far as React Native is concerned, Android is a more challenging fragment as compared to iOS since there is a UX difference. So, it is essential to conduct proper research before you take any migration decision.
With these points in mind, migration can prove to be a challenging process in a few scenarios. Still, there’s no such challenge that an experienced development team can’t overcome. So before moving ahead, it’s advisable to consult top react companies before migrating your app.