Your hair is your crowning glory! But you can look beautiful with it only if you are aware of your hair type and manage it well.
So, want to know the best way to identify your hair type and the best ways to take care of them, then go on and read this post!
1. Oily Hair Type
If you have oily skin then most probably you will have oily hair. It is because most of the times the skin type on the scalp is same to that on the visible surface.
Having an oily skin means your scalp is also oily. Hence, eventually, you will have oily hair and experience excess secretion of oil on the scalp.
Ways to Identify Oily Hair Type
Oily hair appears lifeless and dull most of the times.
They look bouncy and shiny only on the day when you shampoo your hair. After a day your hair tends to look greasy and oily. Excess secretion of oil can result in dandruff and other scalp problems.
Managing Oily Hair
- Shampoo your hair often.
- You may use natural products to rinse your hair. A mixture of apple cider vinegar, lemon, and beer are great to rinse oily hair.
- Keep your hair away from your face. Otherwise, oil from your scalp can be transferred to the facial skin and result in skin problems.
- Make sure you wash your hair with cool water. Hot water increases the oil production, and hence, must be avoided.
- Avoid applying conditioner on the roots as this may increase the oil production.
- You may always stick to herbal remedies to manage your oily hair.
2. Dry Hair Type
Dry hair implies inactive oil glands. People with dry hair have oil glands generating very less amount of oil.
Such individuals even have a dry skin. It is because their oil glands generate insufficient or very less amount of sebum on the skin and scalp.
Ways to Identify Dry Hair
Dry hair tends to be frizzier. This might be because using harsh chemical-based shampoos as well as excessive exposure to the sun. Individuals with dry hair tend to suffer from split ends problem. At the same time, they experience excessive loss of hair.
Managing Dry Hair
- Give your hair a good hot oil massage so that your hair stays nourished and moisturized.
- You may go for deep conditioning treatment or even hair repair treatments if you are experiencing excessive hair damage and other related problems.
- Avoid using hot styling tools on your hair. This may cause further damage to the hair.
- Avoid shampooing your hair often. Wash your hair only twice a week to give them a clean and healthy look.
- You may apply mashed avocado on your hair and let it settle for half hour on your hair. After that, wash your hair with normal water.
3. Normal Hair
If you are among those lucky ones who have normal hair then your hair would appear healthy and shiny most of the times.
Normal hair has proper pH balance. Even such people have a normal skin type. Though this is the rarest form of hair to find, those who have it are truly blessed ones. You can take care of your normal hair in an easy way by cleaning them, moisturizing them and protecting them from direct sun damage. If you will do this then you will never ever face problems with your normal hair.
Ways to Identify Normal Hair
These are the healthiest hair with minimal hair fall. Even they rarely experience any scalp problem, like irritation or itching.
Managing Normal Hair
- Consuming a balanced and nutritious diet is great to manage healthy hair.
- Make sure you wash with shampoos that are sulfate free.
- Conditioning your hair regularly will keep them healthy and shiny.
Bonus Tips to Identify Your Hair Type!
Besides the above-mentioned points, you can always do a simple test to know your type of hair. Wash your hair well and then the second day dab a tissue on the scalp.
- If your hair strands tend to be greasy then this means you have oily hair.
- Know If there is no sign of greasiness then your hair is dry.
- If there is a minor blot of oil on the tissue paper then you have normal hair.
No matter which type of hair you have, you can manage them and maintain their health by considering the following tips:
- Consume a diet rich in Vitamin B.
- Always opt to air dry your hair than towel or heat dry.
- Apply gentle shampoos and avoid brushing wet hair.
- Avoid chemical treatments or heat treatments on your hair.
Just love your natural hair and manage them well to make them fabulous and healthy.