How to Resolve QuickBooks Error H505?
QuickBooks Error H505 usually arises once you try and access a file that doesn’t exist in your pc. Moreover, it may also occur if your system has improper configuration settings. QuickBooks H505 error could be a part of H series error as well as – 6000, H101, H202, H303, and H505 related to Hosting Settings.
Before starting the troubleshooting strategies, it’s necessary to find out the causes and symptoms of “QuickBooks H505”. So, let’s begin!
But if you will face any kind of error then, you can contact to QuickBooks support team.
What are the explanations behind QuickBooks Error H505?
- QuickBooks Services aren’t activated on your system.
- IP Address of the Host pc is missing.
- Hosting configuration settings are incorrect.
- Improper QuickBooks Firewall settings.
- .ND file is broken results in QuickBooks H505.
Symptoms of QuickBooks Error Code H505
- QuickBooks H505 seems and crashes the running program.
- Your system frequently crashes whereas running a similar program.
- QuickBooks Error code H505 shows au fait your screen.
- Your Windows perform slowly and respond sluggishly to any quite input.
- The computer freezes sporadically because of “QuickBooks H505”.
Methods to fix QuickBooks Error H505
Method 1: Check the Hosting method
- First of all, open QuickBooks and head to File then navigate to Utilities.
- You will see associate choice Host Multi-User Access.
- Now navigate back to File and click on Utilities.
- There, you have got to click on Stop Hosting Multi-User Access
- Now, repeat this procedure with all the system except the first host.
Method 2: Verify whether or not services area unit running properly
1. Firstly, click on the begin button and open the Run window.
2. Now, you have got to kind “services.msc” and wait till the service list is opened.
3. Open Services by holding Ctrl+ Shift+ Esc key, this may open Task Manager.
4. Now, head to Services tab in Task Manager.
5. Then, click on Open Services and follow the steps mentioned below:
- Find QuickbooksDBXX from the Name column.
- Next, right-click on the Service then click on Properties.
- After that, head to Startup kind and alter it to Automatic. you would like to confirm that service standing is Running or Started.
- If the standing shows Stopped then you have got to click on begin button.
- Now, click on the Recovery tab and realize the primary Failure
- Select Restart the service choice and make sure that the service restarts mechanically.
- Repeat an equivalent method for all the Failures.
The service can begin properly currently. However, you will get this error message if you click on Start:
“Windows couldn’t begin the QuickbooksDBXX service on native pc. Error 1079: The account such for this service differs from the account such as alternative services running within the same method.
6. so as to fix this issue, you have got to follow some easy steps:
- The first factor goes to go browsing tab and click on Browser.
- Now you have got to kind your computer’s name in “Enter the item name to select” field.
- After that, click on Check Names.
- Click Ok once you’re done.
- You will be prompted with an arcanum box.
- Enter the administrator arcanum in it.
- Next, click Ok and shut the program.
- Now, head to QuickbooksDBXX properties and click on begin.
- Shut down all the programs or applications and check if the service is running hassle-free.
Method 3: Open Network Ports employed by QB to transfer information.
- Click on begin menu and head to the instrument panel.
- After that, click on System and Security then choose Windows Firewall.
- Choose Advanced Settings and mark arriving Rules at the left.
- Now, you would like to right-click on arriving Rules and also the click on New Rule.
- Choose Port from the Rule kind
- You need to feature the ports given below to resolve QB update functions:
QuickBooks Desktop 2018: 8019, 56728, 55378-55382
QB Desktop 2017: 8019, 56727, 55373-55377
QuickBooks Desktop 2016: 8019, 56726, 55368-55372
QB Desktop 2015: 8019, 56725, 55363-55367
Method 4: Edit the host file
- The first step is to press Windows + R along from your keyboard.
- The run window can open.
- Now, kind “cmd” and hit Enter to open Command
- After that, you would like to kind “ipconfig /all” and hit Enter.
- Keep a note of Host Name and information processing Address.
- Perform equivalent steps for all the workstations having multi-user setup.
- Next, pack up QuickBooks and head to begin menu.
- Navigate to the current laptop and head to the following address:
Follow these steps to edit the windows host file:
- If you may not realize Windows folder during this laptop then you have got to visualize the hidden files.
- Now, you to click on the read tab at File person menu then click on Hidden things.
- You can currently see the hidden files.
- After that, right-click on the Hosts file, choose Open With
- Open the file with a pad. you have got to kind within the information processing address and pc Name.
- While coming into the main points, use Tab rather than a key to separate the information processing address and pc Name.
- Lastly, apply the changes and open QB once more in multi-user mode.