Due to the amazing development in medical science and the economy, in recent years, the elderly population has been increased a lot. Thus, various hospitality courses have been created by various institutes to train such people who are willing to take the responsibility to serve the aged people. Due to improved medical science and developed economy, there are various aged care courses in Adelaide to train willing people.
If anyone wants to enroll in the aged care accreditation course, then a recognized institute must be chosen which holds a high reputation and which can provide hands-on experience.
There are various accreditation courses to learn the duties of the aged care worker. In this article, some of these important certificate courses have been discussed in detail.
Certificate III in Individual Support- There are various individual support course to train people so that they can effectively take care of individual aged persons those who stay alone in their homes. But if anyone wants to get training on an accreditation course, the Certificate III will be the ideal choice without any doubt.
IMPORTANT FACTS ON CERTIFICATE III IN INDIVIDUAL SUPPORT
· The course of Certificate III is the beginner’s course and it teaches basic techniques of elderly care so that the students can easily understand about the professional world. They can apply for aged care jobs easily.
· Both theoretical classes and workshops are arranged, and the students compulsorily attend each one of them.
· The course is government approved and economically weak students can receive subsidies on their fees.
· To earn this certification, a candidate has to complete at least 120 hours during the course session for the full evaluation process.
BENEFITS AND OBJECTIVES OF CERTIFICATE III IN INDIVIDUAL SUPPORT
Certificate III course is a provisional certificate course to support elderly persons. And this course is offered by many universities and institutions across Australia. The main objectives and benefits of this course are as follows-
· The students learn important techniques to serve and care elderly citizens, and they can earn also accordingly.
· The elderly people get essential care and companionship.
· This course helps students to learn how they can interact effectively with aged people, family members and a range of stakeholders who are involved to provide the services of aged people, home and community care.
· Students can learn various communication techniques for different situations. At the same time, they can acquire the knowledge that how they should care the elderly people possessing various types of diseases.
· Students earn knowledge about body systems, Palliative care, infection control, caring the people having dementia, checking various health-related issues (blood pressure and blood glucose monitoring), how to work with culturally diverse individuals etc.
There are various high-quality institutions in Australia. But if a candidate is staying in Adelaide, then Aged Care Course Adelaide should be the best option for the CERTIFICATE III in aged care.
Certificate IV in Aged Care- To care the people who are suffering from dementia, Alzheimer and other diseases, this Certificate IV course is used to train the caregivers. There is an acute shortage of caregivers to handle the aged people. Thus, this course is used to train, and the level of training is advanced compared to the level of training provided through the Certificate III program. When gaining knowledge through the Certificate IV in Aged care, the students can learn how they should provide personal assistance to the elderly, and how they should manage various matters to maintain safety and security.
IMPORTANT FACTS ON CERTIFICATE IV IN AGED CARE
· The course duration is for six months. However, any candidate can attend the classes after the first six months also because this course allows the candidates to submit late fees.
· The candidates must be proficient in English, and they must be residents of Australia.
· The candidates must be well-mannered and gentle so that they can work effectively in the aged care industry.
· This course is the higher level course of Certificate III.
BENEFITS, OBJECTIVES AND FEW OTHER DETAILS OF CERTIFICATE IV IN AGED CARE
Apart from being proficient in English and being a resident of Australia, the candidate must have a valid Certificate III in Individual Support with all the core units completed. The candidate should have at least 16 years of age. But, for candidates below the age of 18, the application form must be undersigned by a guardian or a parent. The other details are as follows-
· Certificate IV course trains the candidates so that they learn to care properly the older people with complex needs.
· Candidates learn to manage personal care.
· Candidates understand the techniques to handle the older people those who are at risk of falls.· Candidates learn to perform various administrative duties, create effective workplace relations, help to link with other services, etc.