The Easy Guide to Fix QuickBooks Subscription has Lapsed Error
There is no doubt that QuickBooks never fails to surprise the world with its smooth yet robust performance. Being used by thousands of small and medium-sized businesses, QuickBooks is popular for effectively managing transactions, payroll, bookkeeping operations, and several other financial activities. Even though using QuickBooks has a number of benefits, it isn’t entirely immune to errors and technical glitches. QuickBooks Subscription has lapsed error is one such error that abruptly pops up on the computer screen while using QuickBooks. Nonetheless, QuickBooks Subscription has lapsed error doesn’t possess any risk of data loss, but it’s still necessary for users to fix it to continue working with QuickBooks. Therefore, we have come up with this post to discuss with you all the necessary information that you need to know to fix QuickBooks Subscription has lapsed error.
What causes QuickBooks Subscription has Lapsed Error?
The expiration of QuickBooks subscription is the most noticed reason due to which users face QuickBooks Desktop has lapsed error. However, there are a number of other factors that can cause the error, such as:
- QuickBooks might not be able to charge the subscription fee from your bank account because of outdated billing information.
- There might be a damaged Windows file that is preventing QuickBooks Desktop from connecting to Intuit online services.
- QuickBooks Desktop might have been outdated.
- The ECML file that contains QuickBooks product and license information might have been damaged or corrupted.
You may also Read : QuickBooks Error 1904 Unable to initialize the license Property
What should be done to fix QuickBooks Subscription has lapsed Error?
Solution 1) Update your Payment Information for Subscription
- At first, open the internet browser on your system, type “http://camps.intuit.com/” in the search box, and press the Enter key.
- Next, sign in to your QuickBooks account as admin and then choose QuickBooks Desktop from products and services.
- Now, you need to go to the Billing Information section and then click on the Edit option.
- Remove outdated information and fill in the valid payment information.
- After updating the payment information, hit the Save and Close button.
- Now, you need to open QuickBooks Desktop and select the Help menu.
- From the drop-down menu, hover over the Manage My License option.
- At last, click on the Sync License Data Online option.
Solution 2) Use QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool to Repair Damaged Windows Files
- At first, you need to open the QuickBooks Tool Hub on the system.
- In the QuickBooks Tool Hub, go to the Installation Issues tab.
- Under Fix My Installation Issues, click on QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool and let the tool run.
Note: QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool might take 20-25 minutes to diagnose and repair the Windows files required to run QuickBooks Desktop.
Solution 3) Manually update QuickBooks Desktop
- At first, close down QuickBooks Desktop and the company file if they are opened.
- Open the Windows Start menu by pressing the Windows key, type “QuickBooks” in the search box, and right-click QuickBooks Desktop.
- Choose the Run as administrator option from the drop-down list of options.
- Now, open the folder containing the company file and then select the company file.
- Press and hold the Alt key on your keyboard and right-click the company file.
- From the drop-down list of options, select Open.
Note: Keep holding the Alt key until the No Company Open window appears.
- On the No Company Open window, select the Help menu and choose the Update QuickBooks Desktop option.
- On the Update QuickBooks window, select the Options tab and click on the Mark All option.
- Hit the Save button.
- Move on to the Update Now tab and mark the Reset Update check-box.
- Click on the Get Updates button.
- Once the update completes, you need to close and reopen QuickBooks Desktop.
- Next, when QuickBooks asks you to install the updates, choose Yes.
- At last, when QB update process is done, restart the system.
Solution 4) Remove the ECML file and Re-Register QuickBooks
- At first, open QuickBooks Desktop and then press the F2 key.
- From the Product Information window, note down your product name, product number, and license number.
- Press Alt + F4 keys on your keyboard to close QuickBooks Desktop.
- Open the Run command window by pressing Windows + R keys on the keyboard.
- In the Run command dialog box, type “C:\ProgramData\Intuit\Entitlement Client\v8” and press the Enter key.
- In the folder, look for the file named EntitlementDataStore.ecml and right-click it.
- From the drop-down list of options, choose Delete and then click on Yes to confirm the deletion.
- Next, you need to open the company file and QuickBooks Desktop.
- At last, do as per the instructions you see on the computer screen to re-register QuickBooks with the product and license details.
We understand how annoying and frustrating it can be for users when they can’t even open QuickBooks Desktop, but we assure you that the error can easily be resolved using the quick troubleshooting instructions listed in this article. Resolving QuickBooks Subscription has lapsed error doesn’t require rocket science. By following any of the aforementioned steps in the right order, you can easily get rid of the subscription error and continue working with QuickBooks Desktop. We hope you find this post valuable and informative. Good Luck!
Essential Tactics for Maximizing Revenue on Decentralized Exchanges
Decentralized exchanges (DEXs) have emerged as a popular alternative to traditional centralized exchanges in the world of cryptocurrency trading. These...
Enhancing Security: The Benefits of Mobile Patrol Services
Mobile patrol services bring a sense of confidence and reassurance to individuals and organizations, knowing that trained professionals are actively...
Benefits of White Label SEO Services for Digital Agencies
White label SEO offers an outstanding solution for meeting clients' search engine optimization needs. Your customers will appreciate your ability...
The Benefits of Hiring a Tax Advisor for Small Business Owners
Hiring a tax advisor can help small business owners save time and money while maintaining compliance with the IRS. These...
How Do You Benefit from Clearing Your Business’s Post-Pandemic Debts on Time?
A global pandemic adversely affects the entire world. The corporate industry falls among the worst-hit sectors, primarily regarding entrepreneurs' need for...
10 Essential Elements of a Successful E-Commerce Website
In the ever-expanding world of online shopping, having a successful e-commerce website is crucial for businesses to thrive. To ensure...