3 Major Roles of Digital Technology in the World
Imagine a world without digital technology. There are no smartphones to help you book an Uber or FaceTime with your friends. Buying and selling online is nothing but a myth. Social media isn’t a real thing. In short, it is now almost impossible to even imagine being in a world without digital technology. Whether you need assignment writing service from websites or money from ATMs, all the major aspects are intertwined with digital technology. No wonder 70% of companies have at least one digital transformation strategy. Here are the three unavoidable benefits of digital technology that make it so immensely popular all over the world.
1.Better and faster communication speeds
Internet and social media, the most popular products of digital technology, are mainly responsible for better and faster communication speeds. Faster broadband helps us transfer large amounts of information across the web within a matter of seconds. Social media lets us connect with anyone from virtually anywhere in the world.
Here’s how digital technology improves communication every day:
- Better interaction- Now we don’t have to wait for months to receive a reply from the other side. One tap on our devices and we can send or receive messages within seconds. Even chat rooms and discussion forums enable people to meet each other without having to meet in person.
- Faster speed– Modern communication is instant. Wireless signals, undersea cables and satellites make it possible for digital technology to offer us seamless communication.
- More reliability– Electronically transmitted messages are more reliable than physical letters. The former eliminates the possibility of an error in the message or the transmission.
Next time you are surfing audio or video in real-time, take a moment to appreciate the presence of digital technology. It is also due to digital technology that you can send large, complex data files to hundreds of employees at your workplace instantly.
2.Simpler social connectivity
Social media wouldn’t have existed without digital technology. And social connections would have been very difficult without social media. There are approximately over 3.6 billion social media users out there and that constitutes more than half of the world’s population. It is because of digital technology that staying in touch with friends and family is so easier these days. You can communicate through words, audio and video and even exchange other media. Besides social connection, social media has a huge role to play in businesses.
Here are four reasons why social media is important for businesses:
- Increases brand awareness– 60% of Instagram users said that they discover new products on this platform. With almost half of the world’s population using social media, it is safe to assume that it is a natural place to reach a wider set of the target audience.
- Helps you stay top of mind– Wouldn’t it be amazing if you could always stay in touch with your target audience? Well, social media lets you do that. Keep your social media content entertaining and valuable so that your target audience finds in at the top of their feed every time they sign in.
- Improves website traffic– The more you are visible on social media, the more exposure you get. Thus, chances are your target audience will visit your website at least once to know more about your services or products.
- Takes care of your online reputation– It is important to know what your customers are telling about you on social media. If the reviews are good, you would determine your brand’s strengths. If the reviews are bad, you would know what’s going wrong and take actions accordingly.
Besides social media, digital technology has also paved the way for websites, apps and software. All of these have been created to help users to socialise from different parts of the world. That means social media make sure nobody feels isolated in the digital world. You can also get updates regarding the social happenings in your neighbourhood or the local news.
From the smart bulb, you use at home to the media you usually stream, most of these activities generate a certain amount of data. In fact, nearly 90% of the total world’s population was generated in the last two years. The volume of this data is expected to double in size after every two years. Without digital technology, it would have been impossible to store, read and use the right data amidst the heaps of data generated every second.
Here are the three notable data collection methods on digital technology:
- Internet surveys– Internet surveys have tons of advantages over paper surveys. For instance, the former has the ability to adapt questions based on previous user experiences. You also get an improved accuracy and virtually unlimited scalability.
- Mobile phones– Mobile phone data consists of ample time-stamped location points that can help you characterise the users based on their travel patterns and identify the places they have lived and worked.
- GPS– It is quite easy to analyse and graphically present the GPA data collected from travel time runs. This data helps third party vendors provide real-time travel data and GPS manufacturers provide historical average travel times.
Digital technology allows the storage of huge amounts of data in relatively small space. That means you can carry around a large amount of media such as music, photo, contact details, etc. on small devices like a smartphone. Digital technology creates a pathway for gathering the right information and incorporating it for business intelligence at an advanced level.
It is clear that digital technology has more benefits more than we can fathom. . Though it made our lives easier, digital technology isn’t really a boon for everybody. This technology isn’t yet accessible to the underprivileged section of our society. Also, companies had a hard time adjusting to digital transformation, thereby having multiple challenges like employee pushback, limited budget, etc.