Raksha Bandhan is a comedy-drama directed by Aanand L. Rai. It is produced by Zee Studios, Colour Yellow Productions and Cape of Good Films. Akshay Kumar and director Anand will team up one more after “Atrangi Re.” In the film, Abhinay Raj Singh, Sahejmeen Kaur, Deepika Khanna, Sadia Khateeb, and Smrithi Srikanth play prominent roles. Raksha Bandhan focuses primarily on the love and rivalry between siblings, with a love tale at its core. The movie stars Akshay and Bhumi in key roles and was released in theaters on August 11, 2022. The film will now be premiered globally on ZEE5 Global in October. Also, the movie trailer is already out and it garnered a lot of views.
Kedarnath is the eldest brother of four sisters and has resolved to have all of them married before settling down. His personal life is also negatively impacted by this because Sapna, his childhood sweetheart, has been eagerly awaiting their wedding.
The first scene of the movie trailer features Akshay as a devoted brother searching for potential husbands for his four sisters. He is a successful businessman who runs a restaurant and cares deeply about his sisters. The persona of Pednekar, who portrays Kumar’s childhood sweetheart, is seen enquiring about their future wedding. However, it doesn’t take long for us to realize that he will not be able to marry until he takes care of all four of his sisters like a brother must. This is when things become complicated.
Akshay Kumar could be seen doing various work to earn for his sisters’ weddings. In order to pay for their weddings, he is even willing to sell off his kidneys. However, his love life suffers greatly as a result of his dedication to his responsibilities as a brother. Bhumi Pednekar’s father, played by Vinay Pathak, confronts Kumar with a six-month deadline beyond which he threatens to wed his daughter to a worthy suitor.
- Akshay Kumar as Lala Kedarnath
- Bhumi Pednekar as Sapna Kedarnath
- Sadia Khateeb as Gayatri Mishra
- Deepika Khanna as Durga Kedarnath
- Smrithi Srikanth as Laxmi Verma
- Sahejmeen Kaur as Saraswati
- Seema Pahwa as Shanoo Sharma
- Neeraj Sood as Harishankar
- Sahil Mehta as Gaffar
- Abhilash Thapliyal as Swapnil Verma
- Manu Rishi as Maternal Uncle
- Karan Puri as Sunil Mishra
- Salim Siddiqui as Neelu’s Husband
The filmmakers chose to premiere the film on August 11, 2022, in celebration of Raksha Bandhan because of its title and plot. It focuses mostly on a brother and sister bond. ZEE5 has acquired the movie’s streaming rights, and the film will premiere on October 5, 2022.
How to watch Raksha Bandhan on ZEE5?
You can stream the movie online via the ZEE5 app. The steps to watch the movie on the streaming service are listed below.
- Step1: Download the ZEE5 app on your smart device.
- Step2: Sign up and get your ZEE5 subscription.
- Step3: Look up for Raksha Bandhan on the app.
- Step4: You will be directed to the movie page.
- Step5: Select video quality and stream the movie online.