Derma rolling has numerous skincare benefits. It rejuvenates the skin, making it appear firmer and youthful. Derma rolling works by causing the body to produce more collagen. It is a crucial component of the skin and plays a significant role in wound healing.
Production of collagen allows the skin to lay down new skin tissue that appears more youthful and has an even tone. To produce collagen, derma rolling makes shallow micro holes on the surface of the skin. The skin responds by starting the wound healing process, which triggers collagen production. Those small holes are actually micro injuries; therefore, they may pose some risk if the skin is not properly cared for.
- Before derma rolling, get products that are of high-quality. Titanium-based needles are arguably the safest for micro-needling.
- Get a derma roller with microneedles that are 0.25mm or less. Longer microneedles may result in side effects such as bleeding, bruising, and infections. In some cases, damage to the skin may be long-term.
- Avoid derma rolling if you have any present skin conditions such as acne or eczema.
- Cleanse your face before derma rolling to avoid any infections while derma rolling.
- Avoid any skin peeling or exfoliating treatment during the derma rolling period.
- Follow any other instructions listed on the derma rolling product you purchased.
- Avoid direct sunlight at all costs. Exposure to the sun can lead to severe damage to the skin, even pigmentation disorder.
- In some cases, though rare, you may experience some slight discomfort or itching. Avoid scratching or rubbing your face as it may worsen the situation.
Taking care of your skin after derma rolling
- In case of any inflammation or redness of the skin, natural remedies such as aloe vera gel will help reduce these.
- Cleanse your face using witch-hazel water after derma rolling. It will also give a soothing effect that will ease any inflammation or irritation.
- Use chemical-free sunscreen whenever you think your skin may be at risk of direct exposure to sunlight.
- Hydrate throughout the micro-needling period. It is possible that your skin may appear drier than normal as a result of derma rolling. Drink water and use hyaluronic acid to hydrate your skin.
- Use chemical-free skincare products that are rich in antioxidants as they fast-track the healing process. Products with vitamins A, E, and K, zinc, and omega-3 will also accelerate healing.
- Avoid make-up after micro-needling. Make-up is a topical application with components that may be dangerous if they were to enter the skin. The tiny channels created from derma rolling may provide a pathway for dangerous ingredients. Preferably, avoid make up until your derma rolling journey yields the results you desire.
Your skin is delicate and precious. It requires the highest level of care to remain as young and healthy as you need it to be. Avoid what you must for a season, and you will be rewarded with glowing, youthful skin.
The best derma roller
Towards the end of the 2010’s, there was a lot of talk on derma rollers and their benefits. Many people were documenting their use of derma rollers and some of the benefits they got to experience. The benefits range from skincare to haircare with specifics such as clearing acne scars and getting rid of bald spots.
Face rollers were concurrently trending. Celebrities and influencers highlighted their dependence on face rollers as part of their daily make up routine. Thus, 2010’s was the decade of hand held, rolling, beauty products.
The new decade might be no different. Face rollers and derma rollers still have the same effects from the last decade, thus many will still continue to use them. For those that decide to stick with the benefits of facial rolling, it may be an appropriate time to select a brand to walk with throughout your beauty journey.
The microneedle derma roller
The derma roller is a multipurpose skin care derma roller that comes with 4 replacement heads. Each replacement head has approximately 600 titanium microneedles. The titanium derma roller is recommended for clearing acne scars, stretch marks, and wrinkles on any part of the body. The result is always a firmer, younger-looking skin.
The beard growth kit
Microneedling is widely known to stimulate hair growth. JJ ELLIE uses this technology, alongside their beard oil to provide a solution for unimpressive beards. The kit comes with a titanium derma roller and their signature beard oil. Consistent use of the kit will result in a thicker, mature beard. JJ ELLIE uses titanium microneedles as they offer the best quality and durability.
The derma roller can also be used to stimulate hair growth on the scalp. Hair growth stimulation on the scalp is similar to that of the beard area. The beard derma roller can therefore help clear bald spots and reduce hair thinning.
Each of the products comes with user instructions to help you navigate through the use of derma rollers. To learn more about the best derma rollers in the market, visit JJ ELLIE.
Learn more about derma rolling on the JJ ELLIE blog.