The restaurants, grocery stores etc. need proper and efficient refrigeration or else their businesses will not function properly. It is very important to buy the best product for the reason that the unit stores perishable goods and is working round the clock. Also, it requires a lot of energy ranging from 20,000 kilowatts to 40,000 kilowatts. This is what results in high utility bills. Today, the commercial refrigeration options available in the market are designed in such a way that saves a lot of energy when compared to the options available in the past.
If you own a business that requires the commercial refrigerators and freezers then it is important for you to buy the ones that will help you in reducing the energy bills. According to the new amendments, there are a number of ways a business can reduce the utility bills by using this type of refrigerators. There are a number of steps taken to reduce the energy consumption of refrigeration. The energy used all over the world includes 20% used by refrigeration.
A Few Important Ways Using the Energy Efficient Commercial Refrigeration Systems
- If there is condensation on the display doors of the refrigerators, then you should turn on the anti-sweat heaters. The reason behind the condensation could be the ambient conditions.
- If there is an option available, then make sure to install the adaptive controls. These help to turn on and off the unit automatically at the time required.
- The automatic closers and door gaskets are important to check and ensure that they are in a good condition. If these parts are not working properly then there are chances that humid air will enter the refrigerator and thus this will spoil the food and lead to wastage of energy.
- The heat transfer can be improved when the coils are clean and dirt-free. Thus, it is important to make sure that the commercial refrigeration system is clean and does not have any dirt particles.
- The unit needs to be installed at a place where there is space around. This means that when the unit is installed at a place where there is no space for the air to move, it affects the unit indirectly. You need to ensure good air flow over the exchange coils and this will help you save a lot of energy.
- For lighting systems, installing the motion sensors is very important. The main reason why it is vital for you to install the sensors is that it will turn on and off at the time needed.
- You do not only have to ensure that the refrigeration system is working well during working hours. More importantly, it is vital for you to ensure that the system is working perfectly after the business hours. For this purpose, installing the night curtains on the spaces open is very important. This will reduce the air from escaping.
- The ice machine in the commercial refrigeration is important to be in the right working condition. It is vital that it is serviced at least twice in a year. Also, if well water is used, then it is important that you get it serviced more than twice.
The above mentioned are known to be important points that will help save energy and this will also improve the life of the commercial refrigeration system. Visit this link for more information about refrigeration system.