As the technology continues to advance, the need for touch-friendly applications seems to be rising at a fanatic pace. In order to appeal or reach out to the maximum number of people, businesses are trending towards developing a mobile-friendly or should I say a touch-friendly application. Of course, these applications are compatible with devices like smartphones, tablets, etc. Have you ever come across the term jQuery mobile?
However, it’s time to evaluate the pros and cons of jQuery mobile:
- Supports many mobile platforms and devices. With different mobile platforms, it even supports several mobile devices with varying screen sizes and resolutions. The framework makes it far easier for programmers to create a cross-platform mobile app without even writing the code for specific devices and operating systems.
- These days’ developers require creating custom themes to make the mobile app look different and attractive. JQuery makes it pretty easy for developers to create custom themes using the ThemeRoller. Apart from this, it even allows the user to download themes.
- Right from customizing form controls, page layouts, page panels, headers and footers to allowing developers to manipulate various elements of a page according to the specifications provided by the client, jQuery mobile offers it all.
- With the virtues of individual environments, enterprises do not require themselves to indulge in the processes of getting approval from various app stores. JQuery Mobile makes it easier for businesses to launch and promote their apps and enabling developers to focus on the application’s functionality and performance without worrying about the approval process.
- Performance of jQuery mobile differs a lot across web browsers and devices. Also, such apps cannot outperform native mobile applications in the category of speed.
- Many users feel that applications created using jQuery mobile seem to be almost identical.
That’s a wrap!
By using jQuery mobile, you can come up with future-rich web applications which can support the incoming, new touch-friendly devices hitting the market. So overall, it’s a great platform to develop highly customized web applications for business needs.