Scuba diving in Tarkarli is a must-have experience when touring the Indian state of Maharashtra. It’s one of the most popular water sports in not just India but the world! While many have experienced scuba diving in Goa, scuba diving in Tarkarli will be among the most ethereal and remarkable experiences you’ll ever have. It’s the best option if you’re looking for scuba diving near Mumbai. Spotting gorgeous marine life in crystal clear waters is among the most exciting things to do in the world! However, before you try scuba diving in Tarkarli, there are a few important things to know. Check out our guide and enjoy scuba diving at this remarkable place!
What is scuba diving?
One of the most popular water sports in Tarkarli (if it may be called that), scuba diving is a type of exciting underwater diving. In this, the diver uses a self-contained apparatus known as ‘scuba’ to breathe easily underwater. Also, other equipment is used such as fins, breathing regulators, scuba masks, and others. All of this aids the diver when he or she explores the gorgeous marine life underwater. It’s an underwater adventure like no other and a one-of-a-kind experience. Are you ready to try scuba diving in yet?
Why try scuba diving in Tarkarli?
There are many monsoon trekking trails to enjoy in Tarkarli. However, scuba diving in Tarkarli is among the most popular activities even those making unplanned trips on last minute flights can try. It is the thrill of exploring beautiful reefs, spotting exotic sea creatures, and making deep discoveries inside underwater caves or wrecks. This spectacular region near the famed Sindhudurg Fort has been identified as one of the best for scuba diving experiences. With an abundant supply of coral reefs and other awesome marine life, this is a prime spot for scuba diving as well as snorkeling in Maharashtra. The region welcomes a large number of tourists regularly who wish to primarily try scuba diving in Tarkarli.
Best time for scuba diving in Tarkarli:
The ideal time to book economy or business class flights for a trip to enjoy scuba diving in Tarkarli is between November and May. The weather is pleasant, the waters are clear, and the abundance of coral reefs and other fantastic sea creatures beckon ardent scuba diving fans to the region. Even if you’re an amateur, you will find several scuba diving outlets that offer instructors. This is the best part about scuba diving in Tarkarli. You can get a bit of training before heading out on your first ever scuba diving experience. The Tarkarli scuba diving depth can be decided depending on your training and comfort level. Also, there’s absolutely no reason to fret as an expert scuba diver will accompany you at all times.
Safety tips for scuba diving in Tarkarli:
There are a couple of key things you must keep in mind while scuba diving in Tarkarli and anywhere else. By doing this, you will ensure your safety and enjoy the experience a lot more. Have a look at them below.
- Get trained: Scuba diving is not as easy as it may seem and must not be tried without expert guidance. Even after training, the distance to go underwater for your first scuba diving session must not exceed 20 feet.
- Be in good shape: Swimming can be a tiresome experience especially for those who have inadequate stamina. Thereby, before you try scuba diving in Tarkarli or anywhere else, get a physical exam done and ensure you are in good shape.
- Never hold your breath: The breather apparatus is there to aid you to breathe underwater. Don’t take short and shallow breaths. Make sure your breaths are long, slow, and even. Also, NEVER hold your breath. This may cause lung injuries or worse in severe cases.
- Do a pre-dive equipment check: This is an important safety step when scuba diving in Tarkarli and elsewhere. Always do a pre-dive equipment and safety check with your guide. This will help avoid unforeseen equipment malfunctions.
- Never scuba dive solo: Sometimes, scuba diving can be tricky even for seasoned divers. To ensure safety at all times, NEVER scuba dive alone. Always have a guide or your instructor around. Make sure to check on them underwater for assurance that everything is okay.
Other activities and water sports in Tarkarli:
There are several other activities and water sports in Tarkarli you can enjoy besides scuba diving. At the scenic Tarkarli creek, you will be able to enjoy several tourism department-funded adventure sports. Some of the top ones include snorkeling, boating, and water-scooter riding among others. Dolphin spotting and swimming are popular things to do at the gorgeous Tarkarli Beach. Thereby, when you book flight tickets to India to try scuba diving in Tarkarli, Maharashtra, remember that you can enjoy a lot more than you bargained for. Just follow the safety instructions and have the safest and most enjoyable scuba diving in Tarkarli experience ever!
Meta Description – Here’s a guide to scuba diving in Tarkarli, Maharashtra. The best spot for scuba diving near Mumbai, it’s among the top water sports in Tarkarli to enjoy. Pick the ideal Tarkarli scuba diving depth for you and enjoy scuba diving in Tarkarli like never before!
URL – Tarkarli Scuba Diving Guide