5 Easy Tips On How To Plant Grass Seeds
In the summer season, most of the lawn owner’s faces dried, and rough brown grasses problem as the sun is upon us and burns all green touches around us. The spring season is the perfect time when we all get to see the green face of our garden and the lawns. But if we want to see the green grass in the spring, then fall is the perfect time to plant the grass seeds but very few people know How To Plant Grass Seeds
After the plantations, our work and attention do not stop. We have to do the appropriate take care of the grasses to feel the soft, uniform grassland under our feet. If you choose the centipede grass seed for the plantation, then the centipede grass seeds need less attention than the other types of grass seeds, then your work effort will be less.
Centipede grass seeds are easily maintainable, and very few efforts are required to maintain the grass lawn. Centipedes grass seeds are not only the less laborious. This is the easiest and less costly solution for your lawn.
5 Easy Steps To Plant Grass Seeds
The grass seeds plantation is easy, but if you do not take care of the grass in the right way the more of the grass seeds can not bloom. Many professional gardens are also making the mistake of taking care of the grass in the appropriate way.
Hence these grass seeds are easily maintainable, but grass cutting and watering during the seeding time are very crucial for the proper growth of the grass.
So For your better understanding, here are the five simple steps to plant the grass seeds.
1. Purchase The Best Grass Seeds
In the plant market, you get to see millions of grass seeds. But not all the grass seeds can cope with the garden’s weather. First, analyze the climate and measure the rainfall frequency and, most importantly, the time you want to invest for your lawn and the budget.
Most of the grass seeds can be divided into two categories, hot summer grass, and cold season grass.
The quality of the grass seeds depends upon the following factors.
- The density of the grass’s green color and softness
- The season of the grass
- The type of grass seeds
- The watering amount
- The insect and diseases resistance of the grass seeds
- The wind tolerance of the grass
- The time required for the full bloom
These are all factors you must measure before buying the grass seeds. And the price of the grass seeds all depends upon these factors.
2. Prepare The Soil
The soil preparation for the grass bed is one of the laborious jobs for professional gardeners. The techniques are different for the new and the existing lawn. The soil preparations are also different.
For The Existing Lawn:
- First, start with the trimming of the existing grass’s length and then find the lawn’s bare spots.
- You have to start with losing up the soil. You have to take almost one-fourth inch of soil from the top of the ground.
- When you loosen up the soil, remove all the debris and the dead grass from the lawn.
- Then level the loosen up soils and collect the excess water from the ground.
- Then you can add the fertilizers as per your grass seed types.
- When you are working on the existing lawn, you need to check for the harmful paste before planting the new seeds.
For The New Lawn:
- First, for the new lawn, check the compound of the soil. You can take help from soil testing laboratories to find the appropriate result.
- Then start with losing up the soil from the top of the ground.
- Loose up the soil from two to three inches from the top.
- Break all the soil clumps and remove all the big hard stones from the soil.
- Do not over loose the soil as the overly loosen soil can not hold the seeds.
- Check the water level of the ground. If you find excess water, then remove the excess water from the lawn.
- Then level the ground and check for the paste.
3. Plant The Grass Seeds
The planting of the grass seed is a relatively easy but calculative task rather than the other works.
- Start to spread the seeds evenly with your hands. If your lawn is large, then use the hand spreader for equal distribution of the seed.
- Spread the grass seeds approximately 15 inches apart. Do not spread the seeds too close together as the grass seeds start to lack the soil’s nutrients.
4. Protect The Seeds From External Disturbance
- After the plantation of the seeds, the seeds have required protection from external disturbance like bird attack or insect harming.
- As you are planting the grass seed just 2 to 3 inches from the ground, many external disturbances have a higher possibility.
- Use the grass cover if needed. The grass seeds’ protection is required to protect grass from the birds and the direct sunlight.
5. Watering The Grass Seeds
The grass seed watering is another essential part of making the moist, soft green grass bed.
If you can use the automatic water sprinkler for the maintenance of the grass bed, then the manual labor of the water sprinkling could have been saved.
- The automatic rotating sprinkler is very useful for the equal distribution of the water.
- If you are watering the grass without the sprinkler, then always keep the measurements of the water.
- The grass seeds watering level is very fixed. Almost one inch of the water is required for the five to seven days intervals.
- You can use the Wovuu Lawn Sprinkler (with 36 units water sprinkler nozzle)
The watering and the covering both are essential for the soft green grass. If you want to maintain the grass lawn’s quality, then the first thing you have to check is the texture of the soil and the grass seed’s tone. If you are planting the seeds in the existing lawn, then do not use the chemical weed killer before the seed plantation. If you maintain these steps, you can achieve equally distributed green grass without professional gardeners.