How to Add a Screen Name to AOL?
The AOL account allows its users to addup to seven screen names. But you cannot change the primary name of your account beyond the first time when you sign up for the AOL account. But as far as other six Screen Names goes you can change them.
AOL has placed a limit on Screen names, the screen names must be between 3 and 16 characters and should start with a letter. After the first letter, you can use any letters, numbers, and spaces.
Let’s take a quick look at the rules set by AOL.
- You can have seven screen names in the account (First one is primary and other six names)
- The primary name is permanent, and this is not changeable beyond the Signup process. But you have the liberty of changing the other six names as many times as you please.
- Only primary screen name can make the new screen names and also adjust parental controls, but if you like to give that authority to someone else you can do it by making it the master name.
- The screen name should have a minimum of 3 characters and not stretch beyond 16 characters. It should be a combination of letters, numbers, and spaces.
Now, if you haven’t added the screen name to your account and want to add one. Here are a few steps to add a screen name on your AOL account. However, if you stuck somewhere or not understanding a particular thing you always have the option of calling the cavalry at AOL technical support number.
Let’s get started.
- Go to the default page of my screen name and that is https://my.screenname.aol.com/.
- Now, you’ll be asked to login to your account, login with your credentials.
- After login, you’ll get to the screen where you’ll see the link to ‘Create Username’.
- You’ll be asked to provide the category for the screen name, you can set parental controls and let the kids use that screen name.
- Now, you’ll be asked to create a password for that screen name, follow the on-screen instructions and enter the new password.
- Click on that link and provide a security question for that screen name and click on Continue.
- Now, that your screen name is added, you are good to go.
Add a screen name by contacting the Support team
The support team of AOL help number is always there to help you in creating the new screen names for your AOL account. You can contact the team at AOL help number and they’ll be able to help you with remote access and they are available 24*7 to help the users in need.